So, while making it, we decided to take a lot of pictures and share with you exactly what we do. Keep in mind, toppings are optional, the type of bread you use is optional, and the type of cheese is also optional! This is what we did though. :)
Meat - We used Choice Beef Round Bottom Round Steak, but you can use any kind of steak you want really. My husband picked this steak for the marbleization.
1 whole Green Pepper
1 whole Onion
About 5 White Whole Mushrooms
A1 Steak Sauce
And - Our food critic: Seth! (Our son - 19 months old)
He was patiently waiting for dinner to get done.
How To Make Your Dinner:
1) Cut the meat into as thin of slices as you can possibly cut it. We used about 1-2 inch strips.
2) Add about enough oil to coat the bottom of your pan. Cook your meat on a medium setting and allow it to sit cooking while you cut the other items.
3) Green Pepper - We thinly sliced the green peppers. Feel free to cut them thicker, chop, dice, or whatever you prefer.
4) Add a bit of salt to your meat for some flavor, then stir a bit to make sure it's not sticking to the pan or burning.
5) Onion & Mushroom - we thinly sliced each, but feel free to cut them how you like.
6) After your veggies are all sliced up, your meat should be browned on one side. Flip your meat and turn the heat to high.
7) Add your onions on top of your meat.
8) Add your green peppers on top.
9) After you have the onions and green peppers in the pan, give it a good stir to mix it all in.
10) Keep cooking until your meat is done - reduce your heat to medium. Add your mushrooms in (leave on top) and let simmer uncovered for about 2 minutes.
11) After your 2 minute simmer, stir the mushrooms in so they are mostly on the bottom of the pan, and remove from heat.
12) Preheat your toaster oven or conventional oven - we used a toaster oven, preheating it to 350 degrees.
(Something is smelling yummy guys!)
14) Cut your bread.
15) Add sandwich toppings. Put in the toaster oven for approximately 5 minutes or so (until your bread is toasted and everything is nice and toasty warm!)
16) When sandwiches come out add anything extra (A1, sauce, etc.), close your sandwich, and enjoy!
He approved! :)
If you have any suggestions on how you do it different, feel free to leave a comment! :)
And Don't forget to follow Own Something Awesome on Facebook! or on Twitter! (@BeStupendous)
Our Delightful Home * Skip to my Lou * Ladybug Blessings * Creations by Kara * Someday Crafts