Friday, October 26, 2012

Feature Friday - Finding The Undiscovered!

So for this week, my goal was to find 10 sellers on Etsy who haven't really been discovered yet, and try to help them get discovered! :)

The holidays are just around the corner, and instead of going to your regular places for presents (like the mall) why not check out some of these great shops, and support the handmade community! These aren't just your ordinary gifts you buy, these items are made with care and sellers take pride in their work. Feel free to click each shop, they will open up in a new window so you don't miss out on the other shops! :)

So on to the 10 featured sellers this week:





Opened on Aug 28, 2012
Trzemeszno, Poland

My shop offers unique tatting jewelry sometimes mixed with other techniques (beaded crochet, soutache or crochet). I am from Poland and I am making jewelry since almost 5 years. In 2010 I started my tatting adventure. This is my greatest craft love. I am still searching and learning new stuff, and I think this is one of the best things in craft: there is always something new to discover :)

Recently I am fascinated with Victorian era, that gives me inspiration to my works. I also love fantasy and elves, fairies and everything in that climate.







Opened on Oct 24, 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona

I just opened my shop and couldn't be happier about it. It has taken a lot of work to get to this point and I know that there is only more work to be done. I specialize unique, charming hand drawing watercolor greeting cards.

My greeting cards creations go back two years when I made a custom greeting card for all my co-workers. I customized the card towards the company I worked for and handed them out to everyone during the holiday season. I got such great reactions from the cards that I made custom made company greeting cards for a friends work as well. Ever since then I have been working on creating greeting cards that anyone could purchase and pass to someone with a smile. The ideas haven't stopped flowing since then and I am more than happy to be able to share them with everyone.





Opened on Jul 29, 2012
Thailand



I make cute home shoes and shoulder bags (japanese style).

We are so glad to serve you. All item is ready to ship and we ship everyday and we ship to international customers. Every items made in pet and smoke-free environment.











Opened on May 15, 2011
VaraĹždin, Croatia

I started 7 years ago, because I was frustrated with offer of jewelry on a local fair, and I wanted to buy something for myself. ( Today I have my own place on that same fair :D )

Anyway, everything was the same, every single stand seem to have the same supplier and I didn't like anything of that. So, I thought I could make something for myself. But then I knew nothing of making jewelry and when i realized it is not that easy I started to learn.

So, now I am here, having a shop on etsy and working on profit from my hobby :) This is my way to put the reality aside and be myself for as many hours as I can. Of course, this is a hobby, but it would be great if I could do this for a living.

This is my way to expressing myself, to make a kind of jewelry that I would wear and hope that other would like it too :) In my work I use different materials but lately and mostly I am switching almost exclusively to sterling and fine silver and stones. My favorite technique is wire wrapping, although I often do beading and sewing.





Opened on Jun 16, 2012
Lansing, Michigan

My name is Cindy Kaeser and I'm with Out of the Beaker. I make unique crocheted games, dishcloths, and face scrubbies. Most patterns are self-written and you can't find them anywhere else! I'm just a chemistry graduate student that needed a bit more color and creativity in my life and now I aim to add some to yours!

I'm a chemistry Ph.D. candidate at Michigan State University and an avid crocheter! I like to make things that are a little unconventional and especially like making puzzles and games. The goal of my work is to challenge the average person's perception of what crochet is and can be - to make people think a little outside the box about the possiblities!






Opened on Oct 5, 2012
Vermillion, MN

Ancient techniques applied to new fashion designs.

I just started my shop this month and yet to have any sales, but I'm forever hopeful. I started it because I have making sewing thread crochet items for a long time and I have run out of people to make them for. I never use patterns beyond the size I need and I love how they always turn out with a unique flair. I also started making chainmaille jewelery that has very fine rings, because I always like to push myself into doing something different.








Opened on Apr 24, 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan

I actually decided to open my shop "The Creative Birdcage" because of my family. You see my mother-in-law taught me how to make homemade, natural soap. I started making it just because my husband only uses this type of natural soap due to his sensitive skin. I started to invent in different scents and everyone just loved how my soap turned out. So after some encouragement from my husband and the rest of my family I decided to give it a try and start selling them. =) I personally love doing it not only because my husband loves it but because I have so much fun coming up with all new scents and trying new things. =)
I just started making little gift sets as well! 




Opened on May 13, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I sold Tupperware last year and it was alright but I didn't feel a great passion towards it. In March I planned my friend's baby shower and did all her decorations (banner, cupcake toppers, spot the baby display) and had so much fun doing it that I decided that I no longer wanted to sell Tupperware! My shop opened in May 2012, but I only really started working on it in September. 

My goal is to make good quality custom paper goods for us to celebrate life's events. I've made three sales on Etsy so far last week, and I've done some custom order work as well (custom decorative clothespins for music teachers, Detective banner for an 8 year old birthday party, etc.).





Opened on April 2012
Cary, Illinois

My store Precious and Pink opened at the end of April 2012. I was inspired after having my daughter in June of 2011. I wanted a balance between my life as a Stay at Home Mom and a work life. 

Unique, adorable, modern and precious handmade accessories for babies, all at affordable prices! Fresh new hair accessories and baby gifts are designed weekly, so please come back to see what is new! 






Opened on Mar 28, 2012
Hermosa Beach, CA

My shop sells genuine sea glass jewelry, photo resin pendants, pearl and coral jewelry.

I have lived near the ocean all my life. The gentle sound of the surf hitting the sand brings me peace of mind. My passion for genuine surf tumbled sea glass inspired me to be a collector. Sea glass is nature’s gift to me as a jewelry designer. I am amazed at how nature's forces could create something so beautiful.


My social networks:
Pinterest * Facebook * Blog * Twitter 







That concludes our featured sellers for this Friday! Make sure to Follow OwnSomethingAwesome on Facebook or Twitter to stay up-to-date and see when there is a new blog post! And feel free to leave a comment on the shops! Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my soap on your blog!! It was great to see other peoples creations as well, and I will have to keep watching for the next new items =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome!! I thought they were all wonderful shops and I'm so glad I started feature Friday! I love seeing all the shops I'm featuring!! :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea! You found some FAB shops. I'm off to take a looksy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought they were all fabulous too! I hope you found some great products! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...