Sunday, February 24, 2013

From Pinterest To Real Life - February


So, I have been super excited to start doing this! My first Pinterest to Real Life post! :)

This month I actually only have 1 thing to share that I did though, but I will work on more things for the coming months! I plan to do a "From Pinterest To Real Life" post on the last Sunday of every month! :)

Pinterest Button Covered Lamp Shade
For this month, I seen this button covered lamp shade and said "Oh! I need to do that!"

Well, then I realized I didn't have a lamp shade, or even a good lamp for that matter! No problem, my husband said we needed more lighting in the house anyways.

Off to the store we went. Found a lamp and purchased it just for this project!

Then I went on Etsy and bought some lovely buttons from some wonderful Etsy shops.

So, the original lamp the way it is, it's quite cute. It has a monkey, and will be perfect for my work area since I love the color green. However, I had my idea in my head still, and my lovely buttons sitting at my house waiting for a lamp shade.


The Lamp in it's Original State


Supplies! 


Buttons!



The End Result!
(Don't mind the horrible lighting, this is a regular bulb - it definitely needs a Daylight bulb!)




And we'll see you next month on the last Sunday of the month for the next From Pinterest to Real Life post! :) 


Shared on: 
Sweet Sharing Monday  



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I think if I ever did it again though, I would get some brighter colored buttons and more of a variety.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! That is awesome. I have a bit of a button collection that I could do this with and stop my husband complaining about all the buttons in jars at the same time! Super!

    found you via the meet and greet blog hop! So happy to have popped by. *waves hello* from a new follower, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And it is a great way to use up some buttons! I think it just adds a little crafty/creative touch in the home as well! :)

      Delete
  3. It turned out so cute! Love it! Where did you end up putting it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Currently it's in my living room still :) Whenever we move it will probably become an office lamp because I'll be getting a much bigger computer desk :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...