Friday, February 8, 2013

Feature Friday - In A Pretty Box!


This week's featured seller isn't actually an Etsy seller, but an wholesale Etsy buyer! Tiffany & her husband from In A Pretty Box work with Etsy sellers and are a wholesale purchaser.

If you're tired of just receiving bills and junk mail day after day, be sure to keep on reading! 



1) How did you start creating? 
I have actually owned several successful Etsy shops selling writing and marketing guides, candles, bath and body products, and stitched art. After the recent birth of our second child, my husband and I saw that I really wasn't able to devote as much time as I needed to physically crafting products. I took a vacation from selling and came upon a website selling shaving gift boxes for men. I thought, "Hey, I could do that with handmade items from Etsy." I would still get to shop around for amazing handmade items, package, and work with customers online. My husband helps me plan and package gift boxes, and together we created In a Pretty Box.

2) What is your favorite thing about creating? 
My favorite thing about creating the gift boxes is that I get to experience all different types of handmade products. I love creating everything, but it just isn't practical to operate businesses that way. Creating our gift boxes lets me work with the amazing products and the artists who craft them. I love it!

3) Where do you find your inspiration?
I spend a lot of time on the Etsy Treasury page. I haven't yet found another handmade marketplace with as vibrant a selection of artisan products, and I enjoy seeing what others are finding lovely. This keeps our gift boxes current, fresh, and trendy.

4) Tell us about what you sell.
We curate handmade items and create monthly gift boxes delivered to our subscribers. Buyers can buy a one month trial gift box or subscribe indefinitely. We make sure each gift box is cohesive, unique, and a bit whimsical. Each gift box also features a story about our featured artists, really connecting our subscribers to the handmade artisans. 

5) How did your shop get it's name? 
In a Pretty Box came about fairly simply. We wanted our name to represent exactly what we are. When you hear In a Pretty Box, you just expect beautiful surprises in a lovely gift box. It's like getting a special birthday or Christmas present every month!

6) Do you have any advice for other sellers? 
Make sure you have a plan for both retail and wholesale buyers! We purchase our products for a bit more than the average wholesale amount, but you would be surprised at how many sellers have no plan for this. Oh, and be nice to your wholesale buyers. We're not looking to get anything for free, and we're giving you bulk business. We love our artisans, and we show it. :)

7) How do you balance your Etsy shop, your children, and your everyday schedule? 
I don't? Kidding! Because we are a husband and wife team, we balance each other out. I check emails when I have a moment throughout the day, and my husband takes over for an hour or so a night to give me some time for marketing and negotiating with vendors. While he's on breaks at his 9-5 job, he shops around on his phone for manly inspiration. So, our male recipients aren't left out.


8) Where else can we find you? 
Our home page is www.inaprettybox.com, and our blog is located on our site. Just click the Blog link. We're also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/inaprettybox




Thanks Tiffany! 


That concludes our featured seller for this Friday! Make sure to Follow OwnSomethingAwesome on Facebook or Twitter to stay up-to-date and see when there is a new blog post! And feel free to leave a comment on the shops!

If you've missed out on the past Feature Fridays - Check them out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...