Friday, May 10, 2013

Feature Friday - mycutestuff!



Headbands, Tutus, Flip Flops - it's warm weather time! Check out this week's Featured Seller, Nayree from mycutestuff



1) How did you start creating?
I learn how to sew, knit, and make tutus about 20 years ago. I made a lot of stuff for my family and friends, but just as gifts. I was a CEO at HP, a single mom (my son will be 9 years old on next April), and a handcrafter at night time. I quit to my job, and for the last 5 years I have been a Work at Home mom.

2) What is your favorite thing about creating?
I can let my imagination go anywhere. Once my creation is done, I just smile because it was just I imagined.

3) Where do you find your inspiration?
I go to the parks, and take a lot of pictures of everything (people, pets, trees, cars), I just love the colors, visit the web pages with party items, and watch a lot of movies for children and about weddings to see the contrast in colors.

4) Tell us about what you sell.
I make and sell tutus, headbands, embellished flipflops, and I am starting to make the ring bearer pillows. Each piece is made with patience, love, and dedication.

5) How did your shop get it's name?
I just thought that everything I make is very cute, don't you agree? haha

6) Do you have any advice for other sellers?
My advice for other sellers would be NEVER GIVE UP. Do whatever your heart tells you. Starting a business is like having a baby, it needs dedication, patience, somedays you laugh, somedays you cry, you feel butterflies in your stomach when you don't sell anything and you see the bills coming, but be positive and keep reflecting your love in everything you make, your items will reflect it.

7) How do you balance your Etsy shop, your children, and your everyday schedule?
Well, being a single mom, is like being a juggler. I just have one child, but nobody helps me, so I make my schedule the first day of the month, print it out, and stick it everywhere. I am a volunteer at my son's school, I help at least 1 hour every day. Normally take care of my Etsy shop around 6am (I wake up at 5am everyday), and then after lunch, and after dinner again. I do everything including the taxes, bills, advertisement, etc, so as I said before I am a juggler.

8) Where else can we find you?
I have a shop in CraftisArt, besides my Etsy shop.

Thanks Nayree! 





That concludes our featured seller for this Friday! Make sure to Follow OwnSomethingAwesome on Facebook or Twitter to stay up-to-date and see when there is a new blog post! And feel free to leave a comment on the shops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...